Skip to content

the hair of the gig that bit us…

yeah it was weird going from omnibus orchestra to five piece combo but the room @ davis is quiet warm and intimate and somehow that made sense last night. it’s the kinda room i’d like to do a week straight in just to figure it out.

omnibus was different from any show we’d ever done. i really felt more like the host of a cool party rather than the guy on the marquee.

spoke with davis students yesterday. sharp young people. what a strange world to be young in…which is i’m sure exactly what my parents thought…or did they?

“sexy brooklyn mami” translates quite well outside of brooklyn as we found out last night.

we started out as this LA band playing LA songs for New Yorkers. In a few days we’ll be this New York band playing New York songs for LA people.

Did that make sense?
Does anything,
when yer on tour?

/s

6 Comments

1. Brooklynite wrote:

Are there any plans to record the songs from Brooklyn Omnibus? I want them on my ipod so that I can walk around town while hearing about love in Bushwick and park slope coop members fighting over Manchego…. 🙂

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Permalink
  2. Nica wrote:

Hello Stew & Heidi,

Saw the premiere in Brooklyn. Was wonderful! I got so caught up in the words and songs that I forgot the very first line of the first lyric. I remember thinking — I totally relate. Can you tell me? Thanks so much, and best of luck on tour!

Nica

Monday, November 1, 2010 at 6:13 am | Permalink
  3. Matthew wrote:

Loved the songs from Brooklyn Omnibus…was wondering if there were any Negro Problem NY shows planned? Is this this “AskStew”? or “Stewsez”?!!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 at 11:49 am | Permalink
  4. B wrote:

I told my “west village” mommy sister about baby names in Sexy Brooklyn Mami — she laughed b/c it explains why so many of my nephew’s second grade classmates are named Colton, Miles and in his case Theo (Thelonius).

Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 8:28 pm | Permalink
  5. Michael Van Kleeck wrote:

There are no Sexy Brooklyn Mommies in the Brooklyn where you rocked last night, Stew, in the Brooklyn ‘hood of SE Portland.

And yes, Whole Foods is a fascist conspiracy.

And did you make it out of Portland this time without seeing the underside of a kitchen table?

Come back anytime and we’ll have a Portland party.

Monday, November 8, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Permalink
  6. Michael Van Kleeck wrote:

And just to make it clear, that was far better than any church on Sunday. Stew, you are better than Jesus. Thank you and the whole band for that religious experience last night. I’ve been saved.

Monday, November 8, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Permalink