Skip to content

and the time frame says it’s alright…ok, WIND IT UP!!!

i was just getting started when all i saw were hands waving hysterically (director/stage managers) urging me to wind it up.
wished we coulda kept rockin’ and just gone to commercial.
rockus interuptus.
though i must admit i never thought i’d hear our band name (TNP) uttered on national television.
i think back on all the uptight clubs that wouldn’t book us because of our name.
thanks to ms. walters and ms. goldberg for giving our weird little play some SERIOUS love.
but geez, medleys are a motherfucker.
/s

9 Comments

1. FrancHues wrote:

I’ve been trying to get my wife, her sister and her mother to make a sojourn from the LBC to NYC to see the show since it was playing Off-Broadway last year. The Spike Lee plug was helpful, but I gotta give props to Whoopi and The View for finally getting the point across. Here’s hoping that homeboys and homegirls from across the nation will descend en masse on “The Great White Way” (or “The Great Black Way,” according to ABC News.Com) as a result. See you soon!

Monday, May 12, 2008 at 4:19 pm | Permalink
  2. (Not taper) Dean wrote:

I hope PS is still playing on NY when I get my finances together. Loved the Berkeley production, but nothing would beat seeing it on Broadway.

Monday, May 12, 2008 at 7:44 pm | Permalink

High D ! SHOW
    anyday now…
    Diamond Dawgz

Happy Mother’s Day After Umpapa

Monday, May 12, 2008 at 9:16 pm | Permalink
  4. Randy wrote:

I found Stew snd The Negro Problem by reccommendation from Adam Duritz and now sing your praises to everyone I know every chance I can get!!! I cannot wait to come see you on the Great “White” Way!!
    Reps to you Stew, never change!!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 6:14 am | Permalink
  5. Wally wrote:

I spent several weeks working on the show up to just before Opening and I have not been as sad as I was when I had to leave. It is one of the only shows that I have worked on that I ever wanted to mix that I wasn’t doing so. Rock on Stew! You have an awesome show!

Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 6:14 pm | Permalink
  6. T in Chicago wrote:

Jared & Joanne introduced me to an amazing talent some years ago in Williamsburgh Brooklyn… just WOW ! Congrats & rock on !

Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 7:46 pm | Permalink
  7. Kali wrote:

I just saw the show last Thursday and we can’t seem to spread the word fast enough!! Brilliant and untouchable!

Sunday, June 15, 2008 at 8:10 pm | Permalink
  8. Kal wrote:

We just saw the show last Thursday night and we can’t spread the word fast enough! A genius work of art. Congratulations!

Sunday, June 15, 2008 at 8:12 pm | Permalink
  9. Johnny Base wrote:

Stew when I saw you Hidie, the band, and cast on the view it was beautiful and it rocked hard. It also totally blew my mind. When I saw you on the Tony Awards. It was perfect. Thanks for doing what you do. Never stop never surrender. Give it to’em And to they guy who mixed for Stew on Broadway. I used to mix for Stew at Hell’s Gate in LA. Stew always puts on a great show. And it helps when you love the songs.I love the songs! All of’em Late JB

Thursday, June 19, 2008 at 11:47 pm | Permalink

One Trackback/Pingback

1. ArtLung Blog · Passing Strange on The View on Monday, May 12, 2008 at 3:08 pm

[…] so proud of stew! He just blogged about it […]